Wednesday, December 23, 2009

From This to This

From This
To This
After a long day in the air we finally arrived in Honolulu around 3:30 in the afternoon local time and about 6:30 our time. I think our plane’s gate was the furthest from the baggage claim as possible and some of the walk was in an open air walk way. Wow going from about fifteen degrees to eighty was a wonderful feeling. We found our shuttle and were the last stop so we got a nice introduction to Waikiki. The city has a feeling to me much like San Diego in looks and atmosphere. A quick stop at the grocery store for breakfast food and we were off. They have these stores called ABC and they are on every block and they have everything. I don’t know why I thought Hawaii would be completely different but it is so weird to see McDonalds every other block and normal stores. We tried to find these Hula Dancers on the beach with a bonfire but alas we couldn’t find it so instead we watched the sunset and enjoyed the breeze. Eating IHOP in the morning before the flight and a sandwich during the flight I was ready for food! We ate at this cool hamburger joint near the beach called Teddy’s Big Burgers. Delicious. Huge. Excellent. What a great start to our trip.

1 comment:

  1. i couldn't be more jealous.... of teddy's burger, of course. not hawaii. you know how much i love fast food :)

    ReplyDelete