
Well after all that shopping for Sub for Santa it was time to wrap them up and then deliver them to the families. APX provided dinner and I was wondering if they would go for traditional pizza or use the new cafeteria. I thought they would do pizza and I was right. I have never seen so many pizza boxes in my life. They had pizzas lined up about the whole length of the stage about 4 deep. We all ate as much pizza as we could and then it was time for business.

We had gigantic red bags that we were supposed to put each family’s gifts in. At first I thought we were going to have to wrap each gift individually and I thought wow presents for 900 kids with at least 5 gifts per kid that is some serious wrapping but luckily that wasn’t the case. After putting name tags on each gift we stuffed them in the bag and made sure we had the card from APX and the 50 dollar gift card to Wal-Mart for each family. We divided our team into two cars, Rob’s team and Brian’s team.

We had 6 people and a baby in our car, now did we have a big car? Nope. We had Rob’s mini SUV with the supposed 3rd seat. I have never been so smashed in my life! I think I almost vomited a few times. We told stories and sang songs on the way up. Our first delivery was to the family I shopped for the night before. They lived in Magna. We went in and the mom didn’t speak much English; however they seemed really grateful. When we went shopping we were going to get the girls bigger sizes because of their heritage but we refrained and it was a good thing because these girls were small. They will look fantastic with their skin color and the clothes we bought for them.

We then went to the next house that was in West Valley. We searched for I think an hour but we couldn’t find the house. The address did not exist, it was a park. We knocked on about 10 houses looking for any information but no one knew anything. And we were in the GHETTO! In fact my boss brought his gun just in case we got shot at. We were also followed by a gang in an Escalade we think, they drove into a park and drove and parked in the grass. Who knows what they were doing. Anyway that was disappointing that we couldn’t find the house.

What a Sub-For-Santa experience. One that was well worth it and I will not forget the wonderful experience. I mean who could? Walking around in the ghetto, being followed by a gang, and being worried we may die. Oh and I apparently was on the news but it isn’t posted yet.
No comments:
Post a Comment