Geez what is with all the traffic? Why is the sheriff at the mouth of the canyon? Why does it say resort parking full? What is going on? All valid questions to ask. Apparently the power was out at the resorts up the canyon. What? Seriously? Was I back in India?
What to do? Apparently two hours to waste? Let’s see what could we do in two hours? Drive back to South Jordan and take a 30 min nap? Breakfast?…Nope. What to do? Well apparently Christmas is just around the corner so we picked up a few things.
Approximately one hour later, we yet again arrived at the canyon, optimistically hoping. The power was back on! After a slow ride up thanks to a Chevy SUV that slowed Michelle’s Camry down we finally made it. It was the perfect day. It was actually hot, well relatively; it was a sunny 40 degrees outside. We stripped down to a tee-shirt and just our jackets and headed up. Michelle’s fifth time snowboarding ever and first of the season….Disaster? I wasn’t sure. Off to the bunny hill. Off the lift without falling, good start. Strap in, yes all is good so far. Crash, fall, crash, crash, fall. Crap. This could be a long day. FALSE. After just one more time on the bunny hill, Michelle was ready to go. No more falling, just awesomeness.
The rest of the day was crowded but perfect. The snow was absolutely amazing; not slushy, not icy. We went run after run. Because the day was so warm, I did not have to worry about my hands falling off, so I took my gloves off and took some pictures and a couple of videos. Were we the best out there? No. Were we the worse out there? No. However, I am pretty sure there was one girl who would claim the title for worst. You could her scream, swear, and fall from everywhere on the mountain. The poor girl and her poor friends who had to listen to her all day.
The two videos I posted were of me and Michelle. Michelle did not know I had the camera out and decided to jump at the last second, which was pretty brave. Did she really go off the jump? Maybe not. But she did physically jump on the snow to make it look like she did.
As for me, I too did a jump the last run. It was too perfect not to. I went off the jump fine, landed fine, and then of course fell. But since I had the camera I edited the video to make me look cooler than I am.
All in all a wonderful day and a much needed break from finals.
No comments:
Post a Comment